Audition Notice: The Magical Music of Disney: Opening October 2016
Who: Portland Musical Theater Company
What: The Magical Music Of Disney” a musical revue created and directed by Portland Musical Theater Company Artistic Director Deanna Maio
Seeking: There parts open for both men and women. Ages 18+. Auditioners must know how to read music (and be able to learn their part from sheet music) We’re looking for singers that can move/dance a little.
Saturday April 30 at 10am-3pm
Sunday May 1 at 1pm-3pm
Monday May 2 at 6pm-8pm
Video submissions will be accepted until 5pm on April 30th.
Callbacks will be Thursday, May 5 starting at 7:00 p.m.
Video submissions can also be made to firstname.lastname@example.org See below for details.
2240 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97214
Call: Auditions by appointment or video submission only. Schedule at http://pmtcauditions.youcanbook.me
See below for video guidelines.
In-Person Audition Requirements:
Prepare: 2-minutes (or less) from a song. Prefer from a musical show (any style) that best shows off your vocal range, versatility and character. (Bring an alternate song in case you are asked to sing something else.)
- Bring an iPod or MP3 player or CD with a recording of the song’s accompaniment (a background or karaoke track works just fine). An speaker will be provided that you can plug your device into.
- Perform your song(s) a capella.
You may also be asked to cold read a narration from the show’s script.
- Songs must be memorized.
- Bring your performance resume and headshot, if you have one.
- Be prepared for us to take your photo for our records.
- Bring your calendar and be prepared to list all date conflicts. Conflicts not listed at time of audition may not be honored.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to complete an audition form.
- Ladies, please wear a skirt/dress and heels or flats.
Video Audition Requirements:
- Perform two (2) songs and tell us about yourself – be creative!
- NO a cappella is allowed for video submissions. You must sing to a track, accompany yourself, or have someone accompany you.
- The “tell us about yourself” portion of the video should be no longer than 5 minutes, but you can still sing 2 songs, even if your video is collectively longer than 5 minutes.
- Email link to your video, with resume to email@example.com by April 30th at 5pm Pacific.
Rehearsals: Rehearsals begin in late June. You will be called to rehearsal 1-3 times per week. Rehearsals will be scheduled within the following time frames. (but not for the entire time frame.)
Monday-Thursdays, 7:00-9:30 p.m.
Saturdays, 9:00am-4:00 p.m.
You may not be called to all rehearsals.
Performances: THE MAGICAL MUSIC OF DISNEY will be performed at the ArtHaus Theater at Milepost 5. 8155 NE Oregon St. Portland, OR 97213
Performance Dates are:
October 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28, 29.
Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening performances are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday matinees are at 2:00 p.m.
The run may be extended through November 13th and we may add Saturday matinees on the above dates.
Show Description: THE MAGICAL MUSIC OF DISNEY is an original musical revue featuring favorites from Disney films from Snow White through Frozen. More than a staged concert, this show brings together hits from just about every Disney movie you can think of. Recommended for ages 6+. Show run time is 95 minutes with a 15 minute intermission.
Info: Teresa Marsh, assistant to the Director at contact+auditions @ portlandmusicaltheater.org
Note: Portland Musical Theater Company is a community theater company and offers a small stipend to its performers and technical crew. Portland Musical Theater Company is committed to objective casting, and does not consider factors of race, gender or ethnicity in casting except when such factors are required by playwrights.
Schedule Your Audition Now Below.
April 12, 2016 Auditions & Openings